Thursday, November 29, 2012

Be Famous Now


What would you do if I told you I was dying?    
 ...Would you blink?

What if I told you YOU were dying?   

   ...After you finish blinking, cause I know you did ~ Would you risk dreaming?



What would you do if I was dying to tell you?

What if I just meant I would die - like in a feigned theatrical saga - if you didn’t ~ please ~ just read my words...

Aren’t we all...  dying to be heard?  
Dying to be found? 
Dying to be?

I want to mean something every day.  I want to contribute joy...  to be as close to perfect as I can, without ever attaining it.  (Hey, I have to leave something for God to claim for his own... as if anyone had a say. :)  Being excellent is just fine with me, perfect is too much pressure.

I am amazed by the simple moments... the in-between-the-lines grabs me.  Most of my writing is - or tries to be - heartwarming, keepsake, comical, satirical, ironic... What you don’t know, or see, or read is that some of the situations I write about are born from a chaotic I-really-would-like-to-forget-most-of-this moment.  By delving into the mini-moment in-between, I wipeout the bad... if only in my own mind.  (Or at least I try to...  For example, It’s All Fleeting was written after learning way too much about little Katie {my friend’s surrogate niece} last moments... or what Katie’s family and mother went through.  Just unimaginable!! and yet, there it was.  I had to shift my focus elsewhere. I HAD to write.) 

I focus on minute details ~ which THANKFULLY are not normally so horrific! 

More hopeful are the visions of daily adventures and enlightenments that race to my senses.  Life offers so many interesting lessons.  (What you do with it, is up to each of us.)  My endeavor, as I  trespass this earth, is to live eyes wide open ~ with a huge, and welcoming peripheral vision...

The words on the paper... are my happy moments.  You are, in essence, reading between the lines of my life.

My personal challenge’s ~ To be true to myself.  Be my unique me...  In a world that tries to do everything it can to make you ‘fit in’ - to do what everyone else does.

Finding where to draw the line within daily happenings, are at times the hardest part of life’s lessons.  

{Do we aspire to be like ‘Jane’ ~ “Why can’t you be like so-n-so?  She’s so this-or-that....”  Or do we stand our ground and object ~ “If Jane jumped off a bridge, would you follow?!”   And then there is - “Do something!” about XYZ, or “Mind your business?”  Argh.  What really matters?  Does anything?  Does everything?  The choices have no mercy, and they just keep coming.}

My big question’s ~ When this earthly party is over, will anyone notice I was here?  Will I live till I’m out of words??  I will not be silenced by death, as you read this I am sure.  Some might come to know me even after I’m gone.  This might be my infamous 15 minutes... But guess what?  I am far from done, and I’m not going anywhere anytime soon... 

And what of this being famous?  Exactly who determines what Famous is?!  I am somebody NOW - because I AM.  I say we are all Famous NOW.   No body is nobody.   Heck, you just gave me 15 minutes of ‘fame’ by taking the time and interest to read this.  Sitting at my keyboard I feel connected.  It’s how I rid myself of anxiety... including the anxiety of not writing.   When someone shows up on the receiving end of my story, my process - or aspiration - is realized.  (At this moment I can relate to Jerry McGuire, as I feel the urge to let you know,‘You complete me.’ :)

Everybody is the star of their own show.  Each one of us is just an ordinary person - gifted with _________!   YOU fill in the blank!!  That blank is not to be sold short, least of all by your own self.  Respect the _________.  Honor it!  That’s the extra... added to the ordinary... and it’s what makes you extraordinary.  The trick, is to find a way to shine your star brightly... up against every known and unknown obstacle... worst of all your own.  

I would like to not have to wait until I am dead to be noticed, but the staggering fact is that right now, as you read this, precious moments are gone.  In the time it takes you to pore over my words, you are that much older and closer to your final day... and as I sit here and write, I know the last pages of my final chapter is coming... We are all dying!   Fill in the _________!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Someday Does Come

Listen to my story,

I’ve a tale to tell.



Here lies my life,

I’ve lived it well.

When my hands lay cold, 
seized by the icy grip of finality,

and this earthly land,
I look upon from beyond...

Will I still exist?

Like it or not, 
someday does come.

Oh mortal me...

As that last grain of sand falls thru my hour glass,
and future morphs into past,

the moment the last breath drains from my lungs,
my chest heaves no more.

Time, my most precious gift, 
pried from my flesh.

I thought I was special, 
and could avoid that deadly malady.

But no...

There is but one 'Pass' regarding deaths door, 
that of which we each pass through.

Time stops for no one.

Know that you were part of my earthly scheme, 
I dare entrust you, from this day forth, with the best of me.

My words I leave to you.
Death has failed to silence me.

Read me often,
I am only a thought away. 




No comments: