Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mom's mental gymnastics... she started it!

Every day at this darn computer I sit,
trying to put together words that fit.

Words that create a picture or a story true,
not only enjoyed by me, but also by others too.

Until my bleary eyes and fogged mind become a part
of the many written words I struggle to with clarity impart.

So if between a comma or period or a written word
you see a little figure trying to scream to rightly be heard.

It is just me, the author, in her script so engrossed
that life outside those pages is lost almost.

Until some little child or human comes with life's gentle knock,
bringing me out of my word maze with a reality shock.

So I have to reluctantly cut the creative word-mind cord,
knowing other parts of my life should not be ignored.

But how I love my time with each large or small word I finally write,
able a picture to draw, a story to share or to give or gain insight.

written by my Mom a.k.a Janice Adele Bowers

No comments: