Thursday, March 5, 2009

What's in a cup of tea?

My memory of my childhood includes one that just passed.
So sad how the pages of life just keep turning. There is no time to catch your breath.

Joan, my girlfriends mother, was a gentle soul. Strong, quiet, smiling and welcoming.
I remember many a cup of tea upon any visit.

Joan had a unique knack for reading tea leaves, so having a cup of tea was an entirely new adventure. I had to contain myself from rushing thru my relaxing beverage.

There we all sat as she turned the mug over. Inspecting and scrutinizing with great care to discover what was there.

These were wonderful times. Warm, home style memories to hold dear to my heart.

Tea will never be the same..... Joan, you are missed!


I ask you, What’s in a cup of tea?
Tell me, is there something you see?

My dear friend Joan.
It’s you I am so happy to have known.

In better days, vibrant and bright,
these are the memories I keep thru the night.

You opened your heart,
with a mere kettle tea pot.

Multitudes would visit,
and still you’d find room to sit us.

We waited for the steamy whistle to blow,
our ready tea cups all lined in a row.

Why couldn’t we know how special the time?,
where we friends met and would so divinely pine.

We steeped our brew and aroma filled the air.
I, for one, am so happy I was there.

The cup’s are no longer full, our stories have been told.
They’re turned over in their saucers, and waiting to unfold.

I ask you again, What’s in a cup of tea?More than you’ll ever know... for me.

No comments: