Sunday, June 12, 2011

A moment that hangs on... a clothes line?


My morning walks are always accented by the ‘Hansel and Gretel’ house.

I often wonder if people know the subtle impact they have. Many a times I have walked past this house and smiled at the mere act of the owner hanging her laundry on the line. This a ‘chore’ I love to do. Don’t ask me why.... I just love hanging laundry out on a clothes line. The sun shining on my skin, the birds chirping and flitting around, the wind making the clothes dance to their taunts. And since no one wants to get caught having to help me... it proves to be a quiet, zen like moment for Mommy.

This being said, Mrs. ‘Hansel and Gretel’ does it so much better. She wears a cute brimmed hat, her linens are soft pastels and somehow seem to float more gracefully on the slightest breeze. She smiles as I pass, offering a warm ‘Hello.’ Sadly not the norm these days. I welcome her hospitality and mirror her greeting with one of my own. Her yard is chock full of flowers. Every color is accounted for. She must prune her yard routinely, for I’ve yet to see a wilting blemish to her obvious showcase.

Toots loves this part of our walk. I slow down to let her sniff her senses away. Of course, she thinks it’s for her... let her. The reality is, it’s for me. I want to enjoy this... drag it out... linger in my heartfelt moment.

No comments: